Kids Forward and the Race to Equity Project are pleased to announce the availability of two Race to Equity scholarships:
- One $1000 scholarship will be awarded to a student graduating from a Dane County high school in the spring of 2018, who plans to enroll in secondary education or vocational training.
- One $1000 scholarship will be awarded to a student graduating from a Wisconsin high school outside of Dane County in the spring of 2018, who plans to enroll in secondary education or
To apply, applicants should submit an essay of 500-1000 typewritten words that answers the question, “What does racial equity mean to me?”
Applications will be evaluated on the student’s ability to express the importance of racial equity in our community and world, and how it has personally affected their lives. We hope to recognize students who exhibit understanding, knowledge, and passion on racial equity and social justice in their personal essay.
Please complete the application with your essay by September 6, 2017. You will be required to provide the name and contact information for one non-related adult reference. Click here to find the online application form.
- Applicant must be graduating from a Wisconsin high school in the spring of 2018.
- Winners will be announced no later than September 15, 2017.
- Winners must attend Kids Forward’s “Step Forward for Kids” event on the evening of
Thursday, September 28 in Madison, WI to accept the scholarship.
- Scholarship payments will be made directly to the secondary education or vocational training
institute once enrollment for the fall of 2018 has been verified.
- All submissions become the property of Kids Forward. Applicants grant permission to Kids
Forward to use their names and submission materials for promotional purposes related to Kids
Forward and its activities. By submitting an application, applicants indicate that their submission
does not violate the property rights of any other person and grant Kids Forward the right to
exhibit, distribute, televise, and otherwise use the entries in various media.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or call 608-284-0580.